Import ACS CreatorI...

Notifications
Clear all

Import ACS CreatorID, SourceID and UserCategory metadata.

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

We are able to import and set high priority to the ACS metadata chunks so the category and subcategory get correct. I wish it could read the rest of the ACS metadata also and get it into the database.

CreatorID - I like to get this to the Originator since it's built into the bwav file and will follow most easily. But as long as it gets into any field, it's easy to copy it (at least with ultra) to wherever we want. Could also go into designer or recordist.

SourceID - To the Project or Library.

UserCategory - Not as clearly as the other two since many people use this differently. Maybe to Location, or just Comments, but as long as we are able to get it into the database it's easier to move it later when needed.

2 Answers

Do you mean "UCS"?

BaseHead creates a Cat/SubCat for any files that have UCS tagging for the CatID tag in the filename. Currently additional UCS tags in a filename are ignored because it is not often these are not easily available as an ID3/BWAV or iXML tag within the files metadata itself since most developers populate the actual metadata within the files for distribution.

It may be possible to have this read from the filename in future if there is enough interest so I would encourage anyone interested to see this possibility to upvote this idea but there hasn't been much (any) request to have this data read compared to the number of people wanting the category information populated. 

Topic starter

Sorry of course I mean UCS. It's most my own library I noticed I miss the extra read of the metadata when I imported it in Basehead. Maybe the interest will rise when the UCS will be more known 🙂