Switching between t...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Switching between two database ? Any shortcut ?

6 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
Customer
Topic starter

I have a few database as it needed in my workflow, which i have to keep switch between in my running session of protools. is there any shortcuts to do so ? or if not, is it possible to run two version of basehead at same time so instead of switching database i can switch in different basehead... 🙂

5 Replies
Admin

There is no "shortcut" key but you can easily switch databases using the database switcher in the bottom left of screen: 

Not possible to run multiple versions of BH easily so that would be the best way. 

2 Replies
Customer

That i know, but it would be great to have a shortcut. i think it must needed to user like me.

Admin

this will probably come in basehead 2024 as it has a new Manage Databases Panel we can add it to easily.

Admin

How many Databases do you need to switch between?

Do you know you can create 'Imports' from Databases and the just 'Ctrl/Cmd+Click' them in the 'Import's Node to do focused searches within them and no need to be switching DB's all day long anymore now that you can sub-divide the database easily and add or remove databases to another DB at will now.

That is the more modern way as you don't have to wait to un-load and load another DB anymore.

1 Reply
Customer

That is killer -- did not know that! I always had two to three different databases for a show -- production audio always its own, ADR library, FX, sometimes more for other sets like things that have been sent to the picture department or other specific uses. Now they can all be just contained neatly in one db and archived as one, too, etc. Very useful Steve, thank you.