Clear all

Feature Request: a simple loop button

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 joe
Customer
Topic starter

Forgive me..   I'm certain this has been well thought and for some reason, rejected wholly.  I must kindly request...  I feel the need to have a Loop Playback button, without selecting a portion of the waveform. It's a simple thing really, but highly advantageous for users of Basehead who may have user experiences different than that of the devs. 

Selecting a portion of the waveform is useful...  but wasted clicks when you want to review 12,000 files and each in loop.  It adds approximately 32,000 additional clicks to my task...  so instead I'm using Resonic Pro, but I'd rather stay in Basehead (my metadata manager in this project)

Please consider this simple addition to the design of the transport as an act of mercy for those of use who just want to playback in loop without having to select a portion of the waveform and then adjust the selection range to full length.  Even a quick select all in waveform would help. ANYTHING ELSE...  IM BEGGING! 😆 😜 

3 Replies
 joe
Customer
Topic starter

For the record....  I could be missing something, not finding it in the manual, or using a different version...  but this guy seems to have a playback loop without selecting parts of the waveform. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLQXTXAlyHA&t=2s

It's a mystery to me. 

Admin

If looping is required for files you can add a "loop brace" to files so they will auto-loop when selected. 

Simply select ALL of the waveform then, if you have a version of BaseHead that offers the Marker panel add a LOOP marker to the file and this will now play that file in a loop any time it is selected. 

There is currently not a way to auto-loop files when selected unless you select a region or have loop braces saved in the file. I did not see anything in the linked video where the playback loops.

Admin

FYI: If you move the pitchSlider before it reaches the end it will kick into a SmartLoop Mode and auto-loop without a yellow range selected cuz if you start changing pitch 99.5% of the time you want to hear that file over and over.

We don't auto-loop by default without a selection cuz short files like beeps and punch sounds will drive you insane...  😉