Basehead doesn't re...

Notifications
Clear all

Basehead doesn't remember database or settings.

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter

Every time I log in to Basehead it gives me the message "looks like this is your first time here", and I have to select my database to see my collection.  I reinstalled the program, rescanned everything and created a new DB but when I log back in I have to find the DB in order to search for sounds.  Is there a way to set a default location and database and save those settings?

Thanks!

3 Replies
Admin

It should remember your settings and load the last database you were accessing automatically on launch. It should also retain your login info. If this is not happening then you have a problem with your installation.

Do you have anything like UAC set really high?

Do you see a Basehead 5.x folder in your documents folder?

Is there a Preference file etc in that location?

Have you tried to delete the preference file and start again? 

Are you running the latest version of BaseHead? 

Where have you saved your database file? Hopefully it is not saved to a network drive location. 

Customer

Seems I'm running into this problem too. Basehead dosen't remember groups created or new imports upon relaunch.

I have to recreate a fresh new DB everytime I have something to add.

I checked all the above and nothin worked. 

running on Build 2022.6.10 - win 10.

1 Reply
Admin

Your issue is a bit different, it appears your database is corrupt or the paths on your system have some kind of access problem based on the info you sent through. You will need to look at a backup (if you have that feature enabled) or create a new database and reimport the files as a test.