BETA Tester – Feature/Change List
New Major Changes
below is a partial list of new things already in the BETA, but there is still a gang of stuff still coming and ton of stuff in old BH not ported over yet also.
- New High tech Cross-Platform Modular Framework that is at least 4x faster in many areas of the program by far now.
- Coded from the ground up to be Massively Multi-Threaded, Modular, Flexible and future proof.
- NodeTree: (formally the PeekTree) Can Stack Nodes in any order now
- NodeTree: Up to 6 Snapshots can be Stored/Recalled (Standard & Ultra)
- QAP: 16 Channel Interleaved Support and Metering on the QAP
- User Interface: Fully Rearrangeable with Docking (Ultra)
- User Interface: Can Float just about any Panel now (Standard/Ultra)
- User Interface: Can Personalize color theme with Saturation/Brightness/Contrast/Hue Sliders (Standard/Ultra)
- User Interface: User Selectable Accent, Waveform and Meter Colors (Standard/Ultra)
- User Interface: Four Standard Layouts to choose from now.
- Imports: Explode Folders now possible to browse and to drill down in them.
- Search Blocks: Search, Folder, Lock, Thesaurus and Node Filter Blocks!
- Search Blocks: added Starts With/Ends with…is Greater/Lesser and other new conditional options
- Personalize: User Changeable System Sounds with separate volume and the ability to mute them completely. (Standard/Ultra)
- User Interface: Less Intrusive Notifications that require less mouse clicks in a day by far.
- Groups: Unlimited color choices and can now create directly on the PeekTree.
- Groups: Ability to assign records to Multiple ‘Groups’
- Waveform: Can Extract multiple channels now in any order and remove them also. (Standard & Ultra)
- Waveform: Mouse over the channels dims other channels on the QAP
- Waveform: Shows extracted channel names on buttons and on tracks as being extracted
- Waveform: Extract buttons on the waveform with ability to overlay them on the top or bottom of it or hide.
- Waveform: Shows Extracted channel names on right side of the waveform view.
- Waveform: Resolution now sample accurate when zoomed in.
- Waveform: Timeline Resolution improved
- Results List: Can have Multiple Results Lists now (Standard & Ultra)
- Taglist: Multiple Taglists are also now possible that are saved as you work (Standard & Ultra)
- Taglist: (In Progress now) We will store as parameter object to allow processing during transfers instead of when tagging.
- Destructive Editing: Can make multiple edits now with Undo before Overwriting (Ultra)
- Destructive Editing: Save File As…option now also. (Ultra)
- Destructive Editing: Shows ‘Trim’ and ‘Delete’ buttons now when a selection is made (Ultra)
- Destructive Editing: Displays dotted line where edits have been made (Ultra)
- Rename Panel: Can choose a Batch Preset on Transfer page now.
- Rename Panel: ‘CamelCase’ and ‘Un Camel Case’ options added now to both the Transfer and Batch Tabs.
- CloudPack Manager features are now embedded in the CloudPacks Node.
- basehead Connect: a VST2/VST3/AU/AAX plugin to replace ReWire that streams up to 8 channel audio directly to your DAW.
- (Not implemented Yet) QAP: New ‘Masher’ button add that when toggled ON will drag and transfer as Interleaved instead of as Split channels
Major Things not in this version at the Moment but coming…
below is a rough list of old things we know you be missing and just want to assure that they are coming still along with many other things still not in the BETA
- Lots all Metadata Editing features besides Details Panel Editing
- Burn In and Text File Import Panels
- Plugin Rack on Process Panel (We need to make a VST3 Library still and will take time)
- The CPM (the Manager page is the only part currently added)
Other Road Mapped Features
Some might come after the first release as we have already bitten off more then we can chew ATM.
- Split files flagged in Database while Importing and will be grouped in Results List with an expander arrow
- Ability to make changes to the Database and write to files later.
- License Pooling via our new system as we are ditching CodeMeter in this version.
- Markers: Searchable Marker Tags in the Database
- Pop-out larger timecode window with Spectrum Analyzer
- Eight User definable Database [fields] (This will come after the first release)
- Midi Triggering and Midi CC and maybe OSC Support (Standard and Higher)
- Faders levels on the QAP mixer. (Ultra)
- Active Directory Support
- Screen Reader Support for Blind users
Dropped Technology in this Version
below is some tech we dropped like a hot potato and will not return ever.
- ReWire: We have our own basehead Connect Plugin to replace this horrible old tech.
- CodeMeter (We will make our own pool-able licenses system that is lighter and more modern)
- VST2 (Might be Replaced with VST3 in this version)
- The Browser Page: We have the ability to Explode Folder inside ‘Imports’ now to replace this.
- BaseHead Server (cubeSQL): We will also make our own in house integrated version that works seamlessly and is more WFH friendly then the current way.
- RAM Database: Not needed now cuz default searching is way faster then a RAM DB Search in old BH.
- Spotting to Generic Non-Hardwired DAWs. Basically now, if they do not have newer modern API, SDK or Scripting language the DAW is no longer supported besides via Drag and Drop.
- ‘Auto-Switching Paths’: We decided it’s not worth porting this code since it more for non-hardwired DAW’s but since we dropped support for those well……you know. 😉